Coffee Pot from 7/13/97
Business Meeting July 9, 1997 Staying Cyber
We felt the election of officers online were impossible without having guidelines and procedures established. Therefore, if the group accepts it, we have elected three temporary officers for a three month term. So that we can work closely with them to set-up Technical procedures necessary for elections while preserving the Traditions and 3rd Legacy.
After three months we will have elections online, following the 3rd Legacy procedures. These are the elected temporary officers :
Chairperson: Joanie O
Secretary: Cherise D
Treasurer: Bob B
We want to be well structured and to be the best example to the people who enter our Staying Cyber meeting.
There will be a steering committee to distinguish the guidelines for the group, which consists of Tim G, Tim V, Barry L, Cherise D, Joanie O, and Bob B.
We also discussed the pros and cons of opening up our meeting Worldwide, including people who cannot make meetings, loners, and island residents for example. We talked about the possibility of having two meetings, (1) opened up world wide and (2) our closed home group. It is very important that we protect and remain Anonymous.
Some questions that arose are:
(1) Do we become a link to Worldwide international?
(2) Do we list our group or do we go word of mouth?
(3) Do we list our e-mail addresses on AA printed literature? (some peoples e-mail addresses have their last names listed)
(4) Will we use the third legacy for voting in our group, and what happens if not everyone participates? Will the vote still be good?
(5) Should we have an automatic topic come up if there is no leader? Possibly have a step or tradition ready to go?
(6) Will we be able to send a contribution to GSO, and have a group # without being listed in the directory?
(7) Should we archive meetings for a six month period, being able to list a topic and it automatically pull up all meetings on that topic?
We will post all guidelines and have a steering committee to review ourselves on how all of this is working. To make sure we are carrying the message. The coffe pot will remain for visitors to sign in, and will be for general discussions, business meetings, and comments as it is now.
Bob researched these options for the approximate operating expenses, to be a self supporting group on the Web:
Our options as far as post office boxes are as follows:
(1) East Stroudsburg costs $40.00 a year.
(2) Shawnee costs $12.00 a year.
(3) Minisink Hill costs $12.00 a year.
Our checking account options are as follows:
(1) ESSA Bank, no monthly charge if account stays over $100.00, plus the cost of the checks.
(2) PNC Bank, free for six months if we open now, until end of July, checks included. After that $7.00 a month no balance.
(3) Mellon Bank, $6.00 a month, first set of checks free, no balance.
Bob Spoke with GSO and found out if we have a web site address we could be put in the International directory, the written one. GSO does not have any guidelines on the Web stuff yet, so Bob is going to write any questions we have to them and they will work on them for us.
Also not mentioned yet there will be an initial server set up charge of $50.00, and a monthly charge of $25.00 following that. This is all I have up to date.
Hi this is Bob B. Iwill be writing to Valerie O. at GSO sometime this week and I'm also going to talk to our Delegate, Clay & see if he has any suggestions. If any group members have any other questions that I can include please leave on the coffee pot. thanks
I think the decision you've made (temporary officers until procedures are determined) is a good one.
Just a short suggestion for the topic when no leader takes the meeting:
Either: the "Step of the Month" (i.e. January = 1st Step, February = 2nd, etc.) or the "Tradition of the Month" (similar)? Would be a little easier than to have to create and list topics, and there is always much to say on either subject!
I'm not sure it's all so SIMPLE, but thanks to all for your work and willingness. Seems like we're in good hands.
Thanks guys for all the work you have done so far. Hopefully, we'll get some resolution at GSO soon so that so many questions about online meetings or groups can be resolved. But all in due time, I guess. Thanks again.
P.S. I was happy to meet you the other night at Kirkridge, Cherise.
Thank you for all you've done. Where do I send my donation.
I just wanted to say thanks Dave, it was a pleasure to meet to meet you as well. I want to thank you for the great speaker you brought to Kirkridge. He really inspired me. I would of liked to have heard you speak too, but the message I got from Jim was it hit real deep and close to home. I love this program and am so hgrateful for everything that goes with it.
Sorry, I'm tired tonight?????????I don't stutter much.haha
A P.O. Box has not been set up, as soon as one is we will give everyone the address.Thanks everyone for the support.